sábado, 6 de septiembre de 2014

candle cove

Anyone remember this children's program? It was called Candle Cove and I was 6 or 7 years old when he left. I could not find any reference on this program, but I think it went on a local station around 1971 or 1972 at that time I lived in Iroton. I do not remember the channel, but I remember what passed at about 4:00 pm.

mike_painter65 Subject: Re: Candle Cove local children's show?

It seems very familiar ... I grew up on the outskirts of Ashland and was 9 in '72 Candle cove ... was it pirates? I remember a pirate puppet in the mouth of a cave talking to a little girl.

Skyshale033 Subject: Re: Candle Cove local children's show?

Yes, hairs, I'm not crazy! I remember Pirate Percy. I looked like fear. He looked like he was built from parts of other dolls, some very low budget. His head was a baby porcelain doll, looking very old and did not go with the body.I do not remember the channel! not think it was in WTSF.

Jaren_2005 Subject: Re: Candle Cove local children's show ??

Sorry to revive this old topic, but exactly which program you speak, Skyshale. I think Candel Cove left alone for a couple of months in the 71, not the 72 I was 12, and I saw him a few times with my brother. It was in '58 channel My mom let me put it after the news. Let me see what I remember:

Candle Cove was the place, and it was a little girl who imagined herself to be friends with pirates. The name of the boat was Laughingstock, pirate named Percy and was not a very good pirate because he got scared easily. And there was music constantly. I do not remember the name of the girl. Janice or Jade or something. I think it was Janice.

Skyshale033 Subject: Re: Candle Cove local children's show?

Thank you Jaren !!! I got memories when you mentioned Laughinstock and channel 58 I remember the bow of the boat, had a smiling face, with the lower jaw submerged. I remember how special it was rare when they changed the model of plastic / wood, the puppet version of the face to talk. mike_painter65 Subject: Candle Cove local children's show?

ha ha and I remembered too. you remember this skyshle: "... you have to go ... INSIDE.

Skyshale033 Subject: Re Candle Cove local children's show?

Ugh mike, I got chills reading that. If I remember. It was what the ship always told Percy him when he had to go to some gloomy place, like a cave or a dark room where they were a treasure. And then approaches the camera at the side of Laughinstock slowly. YOU MUST ... GO ... IN. With its viscos eyes and jaw as it was falling. Ugh. He looked so proud and horrible.

Anyone remember the villain? He had a face that was just a handlebar mustache made ​​with a pile of thin teeth?

kevin_hart Subject: Re: Candle Cove local children's show?

I honestly thought the villain was pirate Percy. I was about 5 when leaving the program. Fuel nightmares.

Jaren_2005 Subject: Re Candle Cove local children's show?

That was not the villain, the puppet with the mustache. That was his sidekick, Horace Horrible. It also had a monocle, but was on the mustache. I remember I thought he only had one eye.

But yeah, the villain was another marionette. He steals-skins. I can not believe the things that let us see before!

kevin_hart Subject: Re: Candle Cove local children's show?

Jesus Christ, the steal-skins. What kind of children's show saw? I really could not see the screen whenever the stolen-skins appeared. Just decency of nowhere with his son, was a dirty skeleton wearing that brown top hat and cloak. And their glass eyes were too big for his skull. Powerful God!

Skyshale033 Subject: Re: Candle Cove local children's show?

They were not his hat and coat, boiled madly? It is not supposed to be fur kids?

mike_painter65 Subject: Re: Candle Cove local children's show?

Yes, I think so. I remember his mouth did not open and close, his jaw just moved from side to side. I remember the little girl said "because your mouth move like that" and steals-skin did not look at the little girl, but at the camera and said "TO MAKE YOUR SKIN".

Skyshale033 Subject: Re: Candle Cove local children's show?

I feel so relieved that people remember this terrible show!

I used to have this awful memory, a bad dream as the end of the song where the beginning of the show, the show appeared on a black screen, and all the characters were there, but the camera as they cut each of their faces, and all they were screaming, and the puppets were moving strangely, and there was only shouting, screaming. The girl just moaned and cried as if he hours supporting this. I woke up many times with this nightmare. I used to wet my bed every time I had it.

kevin_hart Subject: Re: Candle Cove local children's show?

Not think it was a dream. I remember that. I remember that was an episode.

Skyshale033 Subject: Re: Candle Cove local children's show?

No, no, no, it's not possible. There was no history or anything, I mean, it was literally stood crying and screaming throughout the show.

kevin_hart Subject: Re: Candle Cove local children's show?

Maybe I'm fabricándome memory because you said that, but I swear to god I remember seeing what you described. They just screamed.

Jaren_2005 Subject: Re: Candle Cove local children's show?

Oh God. If the little girl, Janice, I agree seeing her shake. And the fur-thieves yelled through his thin teeth, his jaw was moving so aggressively that he thought he was going to release the metal wires that held. I remember that he was off and the last time I saw the program. I ran to tell my brother and we had the courage to turn it on TV again.

mike_painter65 Subject: Re: Candle Cove local children's show?

I visited my mom today at the nursing home. I asked about when I was little in the early 70s when I was 8 or 9 and I asked if he remembered a children's show, candle cove. She surprised me to remember it for me and I asked why, and she said, "because it made ​​me very strange to tell me I'll see candle cove mom and then You put the TV on a static channel and saw pure static for 30 minutes. You had a big imagination with your child programilla pirate.                                                                                    

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario